iAdherence - The Gold Standard In Medicine Adherence
helps taking medications as directed and this can have a powerful impact on health outcomes and health care costs. iAdherence can help you manage how, why, and when to take your medications, assisting you in your medication management plan.
Quick Facts: Older Adults and Medication Use:
* Older adults comprise 13 percent of the population, but account for 34 percent of all prescription medicine use and 30 percent of all over-the-counter (OTC) drug use.
* Most older adults — 4 out of 5 — live with one or more chronic conditions.
* Many take multiple medicines at the same time. A recent survey of 17,000 Medicare beneficiaries found that 2 out of 5 patients reported taking five or more prescription medicines.
* Older adults are at increased risk of serious adverse drug events, including falls, depression, confusion, hallucinations and malnutrition, which are an important cause of illness, hospitalization and death among these patients.
* Drug-related complications have been attributed to the use of multiple medicines and associated drug interactions, age-related changes, human error and poor medical management (e.g., incorrect medicines prescribed, inappropriate doses, lack of communication and monitoring).
* Almost 40% of seniors are unable to read prescription label, and 67% are unable to understand information given to them.
Being of age 65 or older, it can be challenging
* to keep track of multiple medications
* getting confused about how and when to take medicines and
* even stop taking medication once patients start feeling better
* elderly patients often have to deal with drug side effects too
All of the issues above increases the risk of cascading medication problems. The best way to handle these challenges is to regularly communicate with your doctor to track treatment and medication goals. Doing it correctly keeps patients healthier and out of the hospital. As Baby Boomers get older, there is a need to effectively help with managing medication, iAdherence is the answer.
Your first step is to sign up to iAdherence by creating a current email address and a secure password.
Sign Up Made Easy
Your next step is to click on the iAdherence menu item "My Medications" by adding the FDA database.
You add the FDA database by clicking on the 'add" button on the top right corner.
Adding The FDA Database
Continue to download the FDA database by clicking on the magnifying glass button at the end of the "Name" field".
Click On The Magnifying Glass
When the "To Load the FDA Database" page appears click on the "Start" button to download the FDA database. This may take a few minutes depending on your internet connection.
Click On the "Start" button
After the FDA Database is loaded you can type in your medication names (the example below is "Acetaminophen 500 mg") You type the name within the "Name" field and add the picture using the "+Add" button.
Type In Your Medicine Names
All the fields; "Description, Instructions . . ." will be added automatically. At the buttom, just add your; "Start Date," "End Date" your "Days" and "Hours." REMEMBER to click on the "Save" button to make sure iAdherence remembers your selections. It is that easy to manage your medicine.
We understand that taking medication can be an important part of daily life and you shouldn't have to worry about remembering to stay on schedule. With our iAdherence app, you can easily follow your medication as prescribed by your doctor with friendly reminder messages delivered to your phone. We can even automatically connect you to your caregiver for prescription refills.
Welcome to iAdherence:
Medication Reminder for Noon:
On the main screen you can quickly and accurately look at a list of your medications.
iAdherence is medication management made easy. Setup your management schedule in seconds then users and caregivers can receive reminders, alerts and notifications instantly.
You or your loved ones can enter all of your needed information. When completed, you will have all the essential medical information needed to notify anyone designated as your alert budy. If you mismanage your medication schedule, your alert buddy will be notified to contact you to see why you missed your medication. It's that easy.
Adding medication to iAdherence is very simple. Tap on the add icon and start typing your medications name. iAdherence will immediately provide you with a list of possible matches. You simply select the one that is yours and iAdherence will automatically fill in the name, strength and form of your medication.
Once setup, iAdherence will automatically update all of your medications information weekly from the FDA site.
Printing Your Medicines / Advancing Clinical Studies
Printing with Brother printers patient, doctors and researchers can:
• Empower patient printing of all their medications
• Print patient or user profiles
• In real time, giving users a way to visually print missed medicine
• To print possible patterns on why patients are not taking their medication
• Printing patient complex medicine schedules to visually see what they represent.
Helping With Clinical Studies
iAdherence and Brother printers can be used in Phase 3 and Phase 4 Medicine Clinical trial studies improving the way participants take their medicine. Therefore, making these studies more useful, effective generating statistically significant evidence.
iAdherence is the perfect tool for supporting cutting-edge research on pain and addition proactively allowing researchers remote control of the iAdherence app helping participants provide verified evidence of controlled medication studies.
Elderly Issues Where iAdherence Can Help
Being of age 65 or older, it can be challenging; to keep track of multiple medications, getting confused about how and when to take medicines and even stop taking them once patients start feeling better. Elderly patients often have to deal with drug side effects, too . . . increasing the risk of cascading medicine non-adherence.
iAdherence has a social media tiered feature that lets the user communicate with your doctor, caregiver, relatives and friends. You can set the level of communication importance on your iAdherence My Village function.
iAdherence Social Media - My Village:
iAdherence Social Media - My Village:
iAdherence has built-in security designed for strict HIPPA requirements yet, iAdherence is expertly crafted to allow for the elderly to simply communicate accross iAdherence social networks to a few safe circle of friends and talk about their daily activities.
More iAdherence Facts - Why Do We Need Medicine Adherence:
Non-adherence is costing billions of dollars each year
Non-adherence rates are high among the elderly
The iAdherence app simply helps users take medications as directed and this can have a powerful impact on health outcomes and health care costs. iAdherence can help you manage how and when to take your medications, assisting you in your medication management plan.
The best way to handle these challenges is to regularly communicate with your doctor to track treatment and medication goals. Doing it correctly keeps patients healthier and out of the hospital. As Baby Boomers get older, there is a need to effectively help with managing medication, iAdherence is the answer.
Don't Let Your Parents Become Part of This Problem!
According to the World Health Organization, the number of medication prescriptions which are never filled but forgotten for one reason or another, account for about 20% to 30%
Medication not continued as prescribed amounts to about 50% of the cases
The World Health Organization estimated that by 2020, the number of Americans affected by at least one chronic condition requiring medication therapy will grow to 157 million
Rates of medication adherence drop after the first six months